Wednesday, June 11, 2014
Looking for some sexy books? Here's how to disable the Adult Filter on Amazon #eroticromance #erotica
Now, not all adult books have been filtered like this. Only those with covers that show any form of nudity, or someone touching a woman's breasts. I imagine this is just the beginning.
While I'm not opposed to the books having an adult filter on them (I do have kids), it would be nice for Amazon to give adults an option to turn off this filter. And they do, but it's not that easy to find. On the Love Romances Cafe Yahoo Group today, Dawn Roberto posted a way to remove the filter. Here's how:
1. Login to your Amazon account. (Just your basic account, not an author or publisher one.)
2. On the SEARCH drop down menu, select "Kindle Store".
3. Search for the title of a book you know has been adult filtered. (In my case, I used Sexy Suitors from Space.)
4. You should receive the message "Your search contains adult items which have been hidden. If you wish to see them, click here."
5. Click on "click here" on the Amazon site.
This will enable your adult content again. That is, until you clean your cookies. Then you'll have to do the process all over again, or tell your browser cleaner to leave the Amazon cookies alone.